• Applicant must be a law student of Haitian heritage who has distinguished himself/herself academically and/or in service-oriented activities; OR any law student who has distinguished himself/herself in research, writing, community services, and/or other activities of importance to the Haitian-American
• Applicant is required to join HLA ($25 for law students a year);
• Applicant must be a currently enrolled student in good academic standing at an accredited Florida law school;
• Applicant must be interested in practicing Immigration law;
• Applicant must submit a complete formal application for a HLA Scholarship;
• Applicants must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States; and
• Applicants must complete and submit a typed Scholarship Application and provide all supporting documents listed below (i.e., resume, evidence of enrollment, etc.) no later than March 15, 2023.
• Applications and supporting documentation are due no later than March 15, 2023.
• Candidates may be asked for an interview by the Scholarship Committee.
• Applicants are notified if awarded a scholarship by March 30, 2023.